In many organisations, academic staff are expected to be excellent teachers, researchers, and administrators, with little support to help them develop these skills. Such diverse demands can undermine confidence. Add to this the new requirement to ensure their research benefits the wider world, and pressure is at an all-time high.
Impact coaching from Insights for Impact supports researchers to identify their research and impact goals and allows individuals the personal space and support they need to grow and develop. Ongoing coaching supports researchers to maintain the motivation and commitment needed to achieve their impact goals.
Department heads, research mangers, and researcher development teams can identify cohorts of researchers to be supported by Insights for Impact; adding group learning can strengthen this process.
What’s the service, in a nutshell?
Empowering researchers and research teams to achieve impact through self-reliance and authentic development, building confidence to find effective impact pathways.
- Identify a cohort of impact active or impact-curious participants
- Introductory workshop to establish baseline and share experiences to date
- One-to-one coaching sessions over one-to-two years, at agreed intervals
- Periodic group sessions to share progress and lessons
- Review of progress and central reporting
What do you get out of it?
- Confidence and direction to progress with impact goals
- More motivated and effective staff, focused on impact
- Research more likely to reach beneficiaries in society